Purpose Of Position:
RPA (Robotics Process Automation) is a critical part of the Digitalization Program to deliver the necessary efficiencies for servicing client’s customers and to build a scalable operating model. The RPA solution provides a platform for resources from the client’s business areas to deliver self-service process automations on an IT supported, secure and resilient infrastructure.
RPA Developers have responsibility for delivering the automated processes within a cross functional collaborative team and follow an Agile delivery methodology.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Practitioner in Robotic Process Automation tools (BluePrism), to translate business needs into RPA solutions and automations
- Conceptualizing/Designing RPA process solutions in accordance with standard RPA design principles and conventions (Robotic Operating Model) and prescribed RPA architecture.
- Configuring new RPA processes and using core workflow principles that are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand.
- Prepare required solution, process and procedural specification documents, test plans, end user training material, configuration documents and production solution support documentation.
- Supporting existing processes and implementing change requirements as part of a structured change control process.
- Problem solving issues (configuration, integration and security) that arise in day-to-day running of RPA processes and providing timely responses and solutions as required.
- Working within project planning constraints, communicating any identified project risks and issues to the delivery/project manager accordingly and providing inputs to the change control process.
- Creating, documenting, and executing test procedures and scenarios for the pre-UAT phases.
- Supporting the operational teams during the UAT and rollout phases.
- Actively participate in Agile Scrum Ceremonies (e.g., Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-Up, Sprint Reviews, Sprint Retrospectives).
- Speak and write with ease, clarity and impact, using a communication style appropriate to the subject matter and audience.
- Investigate problem situations or issues to get relevant information; adept at asking probing questions to successfully obtain quality information.
- Maintain and support RPA application infrastructure (application, configuration and integration).
- Support AST’s yearly Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity and other enterprise events to ensure RPA platform availability.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 3 years of equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of experience building RPA using Blue Prism
- Ability to illustrate and understand business processes and workflows – Experience using Excel, Visio and other reporting tools
- Clear understanding of how KPIs translate into SLAs for measuring process performance
- Blue Prism Certified Developer Accreditation
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline driven Agile environment
- Prior knowledge of process mapping and process re-design
- Experience working within a collaborative team structure to achieve business results with specific focus on the customer experience.
- Knowledge and experience running facilitated working sessions with identified deliverables.
- Solid end user computing skills, for example intermediate spreadsheet user or similar. Any deeper technological experience such as coding or databases is advantageous but not required
- An understanding of formal change control procedures and disciplines.
- Good collaboration skills applied successfully within teams as well as across other areas.
- Flexibility and willingness to work simultaneously on a wide range of tasks and projects and ability to prioritize
- An aptitude for logic and mathematics.
- Experience programming in Excel VBO or .NET/C#
- Exposure to Banking and Financial services back office RPA automation